Women in Business is an undergraduate organization dedicated to promoting the success of women pursuing careers in business while at Indiana University. Formed in 1981, Women in Business was intended to help guide women in advancing their business careers. The main objective was, and still is, to inform members of the different career opportunities, current trends, and attitudes that women may experience in the business world.
Our organization is comprised of approximately 80 members. Each member is a strong student leader with specific responsibilities to the club. As a Kelley School of Business organization, WIB has three goals throughout the academic school year:
- Guide members through their business education and job search.
- Teach women how to fully utilize their unique skills in the business world.
- Build female confidence and ability.
What We've Achieved
- 76% of our members have GPA’s over 3.50
- 95% of members say they have grown in their leadership abilities
- 83% of members say they found out about opportunities in Kelley they would not have known about otherwise
- 89% of members say they have grown personally
- 90% of seniors had paid internships after junior year
- 90% of senior members had obtained a job before graduation
- 60% of seniors attribute obtaining a full-time job offer to WIB
- 61% of members agree that “networking through WIB has directly helped me to get an interview and/or internship/job offer”