Worried about how to stand out in a large group setting? Worried about how to start a conversation? Have no fear, you're in the right place! Hello and thank you to everyone who is interested in going through Women in Business recruiting for the 2017-2018 school year. Our executive team enjoyed meeting you all at our call out meeting and are looking forward to reviewing applications. If you answered yes to the first two sentences of this blog, here are some quick tips on how to slay your interviews and making your mark on our organization.
1. You can do this. Believe in yourself and what you have to offer because you are pretty gosh darn awesome.
2. The number one tip for anything in life is to be yourself. We appreciate genuine, honest and authentic, and rather ~humorous~ people. We want women who will become mentors to others and leaders within our organization.
3. Focus on your accomplishments. Each and every one of us has unique experiences to touch upon and we want to hear all about yours. Big or small, be excited to tell us all about them!
4. Talk about the things that inspire you. WiB strives to recruit women who inspire each other. We also value opportunities to share our different passions with the world. Whether it be a sport, a philanthropic effort, social awareness, community health and wellness, share it with us!
5. Dress your best. My personal motto has always been to dress for success. When you look your best you feel the most confident. This doesn’t mean you have to blend in. If you love a bright color, wear it! If you love polka dots, sport those polka dots! There are no rules here.
6. Help us help you. Let us know what you want to bring to our organization. WiB strives to create an environment where we can learn, grow and succeed together through the endless ideas of our members. Come eager to talk about what you see WiB doing this semester and in the future. We LOVE fresh ideas!
Hopefully these few tips help you prepare for our pre-interview events and help you stand out as a potential candidate for Women in Business. We are anxiously waiting to meet you all and wish you the best in your recruiting pursuits. As always, please reach out with any questions you may have during the recruiting process.